Carpet in Florida
Think carpet can’t compete with the coastal lifestyle? Think again: today’s carpet resists everything from sandy flip-flops to spilled margaritas. In fact, carpet remains one of our most popular residential and commercial flooring options. It’s easy to care for and comes in all your favorite colors and patterns.
At Flooring Options by Carpet One Floor & Home, your local carpet store, we’re glad to be your neighborhood experts. Here, you’ll find the best selection of carpet, along with professional carpet installation.
Visit our stores in:
Why Shop Carpet with Us?
As your local carpet specialists, we can help you find carpet to combat the region’s humidity. You’ll love our fade-resistant, stain-resistant, and mildew-resistant carpet.
Where will you install carpet? Our expert installers have completed all types of carpet projects, including residential homes, upscale commercial properties, and even seasonal vacation homes.
Whether you’re building a new home or replacing the carpet in your current home, we can make it happen. You’ll love our lifetime installation warranties. Professional services, competitive process, and commitment to excellence.
What’s the Best Type of Carpet for My Home?
Truly, the best type of carpet depends on your own style and performance needs. If you live with children and pets, the best carpet is stain-resistant and durable. But, if you're installing carpet in a room with little foot traffic, the best carpet could be extra-soft and plush.
- Cut-pile carpets are constructed using fibers that are attached to the backing then cut. The fiber that is left on the backing can vary in height and twists.
- Loop pile carpets are fibers that are looped and attached to carpet backing. They are not cut in any way, and the height of the loop can vary from product to product.
- Cut-loop carpet combines both cut and loop carpet styles to create unique patterns and designs. It is best for low-traffic, quiet areas.
One of the most important choices you'll need to make involves carpet fibers. There are different carpet fibers, including wool, nylon, and polyester.
- Nylon is one of the most popular fibers today. It is a synthetic option that is known for its durability, and it can be treated for stain resistance.
- Polyester is durable and does not absorb liquids quickly. It is a budget-friendly option for homes.
- Olefin is hydrophobic, so it does not absorb liquids. However, it is not ideal for areas where there will be a high likelihood of stains.
- Triexta is a unique fiber because it is naturally stain resistant. It is also incredibly soft, so it’s perfect for living rooms and playrooms.
- Wool is an excellent option if you’re looking for an eco-friendly option. It is soft, and unlike other carpets, it is also fire-resistant.
Can Carpet Resist Stains?
Messes can be managed with our incredible collection of stain-resistant carpet.
Life moves at a frantic pace these days, and we can find ourselves living amidst multiple generations. This means messes happen every day, but your carpet needn’t suffer. Stain-resistant carpets boast innovative fibers that are specially coated to keep stains and odors from moving in.
There are hundreds of stain-resistant carpet styles to choose from: all of them made to combat the most challenging stain-offenders. In most cases, all you need is clear water, and a clean towel to dab away spills, leaving no traces behind.
Where Can I Install Carpet?
Carpet is best installed in areas where there is low moisture, like living rooms, bedrooms, and playrooms.
Because of their strength, some stain-resistant carpets do well in hallways, as well as areas where there is high traffic. We offer premium carpet installation services, and you can trust our experts to get the job done right so you get the most out of your flooring purchase.
Can I Install My Own Carpet?
You probably shouldn’t! New carpet represents a significant investment in your home or business.
Your floor’s condition can seriously impact your property value for better or worse, so though you may be tempted to try and install your own carpet- there are some significant “what-if’s” to consider. If installed improperly, your carpet might not look, feel, or last like it’s meant to.
Common errors include:
- Visible Seams
- Unsightly Lumps
- Uneven Wear
All can shorten your carpet’s lifespan. Additionally, carpet that’s not installed according to manufacturers’ specifications might not be eligible for warrantee coverage. For these reasons, springing for a professional installation can save you money and frustrations.
Where Can I Find the Best Carpet in Venice Beach, Largo, and Sarasota?
As part of our carpet selection, we carry some of the industry’s best carpet brands, including:
You’ll also love our custom area rugs. Whether you need carpet for your home, an upscale commercial rental, or a seasonal property, we’ve got you covered. Stop by one of our showrooms today.